20110927

The Pushmi-pullyu











Today was a very special day! I walked into Valley Ink yesterday with my drawing in hand and ended up making a booking for this morning (makes a world of difference when the counter girl ain't a bitch and is actually helpful and educated when you are making an inquiry, unlike a certain place in the city I will not explicitly mention publicly, people do have bad days).

I got my tattoo done with Mimi, who is an apprentice; I just felt so good about her doing it. She's the loveliest, friendliest person ever and she put a lot of effort into making it perfect for me. It feels great when you enjoy the artist's company as well. Highly recommended; not the mention everyone at the store was super friendly and popped in once in a while to see how it's going. She also thinks I look like a unicorn trainer which is the biggest compliment I have ever received in my entire existence! I chose the inside of my arm because it's a hidden semi secret place just like the back of my knee. Pain wise it was totally bearable but apparently I have a high pain tolerance threshold. I am so in love with it and it's extra special because it's my own design. :)