20130825

DIY: Riri Zip Skirt

I have always drooled over Rihanna for River Island's first collection, so this DIY is to never getting around to buying any, (it was ALWAYS sold out when I was in Japan or shipping rates were through the roof). There's something so alluring about that staple, effortless simplicity, not to mention how darn sexy all of it was. This probably took me less than a few hours to whip up and costed about $20, just because zips are exy these days.


 


STEP BY STEP DIY AFTER THE BREAK!



So this was how I made the skirt and hope I was okay at explaining, if you're interested in making one for yourself!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

1. Jersey material of your choice (I got 1.5m, allowing room for mistakes but adjust according to own measurements)
2. Your choice of zip (I went with a super chunky white one)
3. Sewing Kit
4. Sewing Machine (optional)


STEP 1

Measure out the length of the skirt and how wide you will need to wrap it around once, taking a few inches (or more for mistakes) for hemming and seams. Chalk up your material and cut your rectangle out. Pin the sides and hem (leave the top and bottom till later).


STEP 2

Now you will sew in the zip. I had to do this by hand as I wanted the zip to be invisible, if you wanted to show off the white stitching on the front, just run this through the machine, it would look pretty cool too as well as speeding up the process! As I pin down the hem (thicker) for the top, I wrapped it around the zip and pinned it down to the sides. I actually made a mistake here as there is a gap at the top of the zip but reckon it looks kinda cool.

*If you didn't want a gap there, you will need to allow more material to fill in the gap by cutting into the top hem and down that side seam.


Finished one side of the zip? Continue to do the same for the other side. It's easier to flip it inside out when you do this.


STEP 3

Now your sides should be joint by the zip! Then you will sew the top and bottom hem through the machine. After this, shape your skirt to your body for a flattering shape but taking in what is needed on the opposite side where there isn't a seam yet.


STEP 4

Trim threads and seams and you're done! How easy is it; you could probably go onto making shorter skirts, skirts with zips in the middle, at the back, become the master of zip skirts in general.


Now you can style with a simple crop, sweater, some sneakers or boots. Good luck! Let me know how it goes! :)


3 comments:

shannonmaree said...

I'm super keen to try this but knowing me I won't end up getting around to it for a long time : (
yours looks really cool!!

wendy tarry said...

I WANT TO THANK GREAT DR IGBERASE 2ND FOR HELPING ME WITH MY LOST HUSBAND DEVIS HOLLYWOOD...
Dr Igberase is like a father to the fatherless.. i never believed these will really make a change in my marriage, and i never have it in my thought that i could ever been with my husband Mr Devis after divorcing and ending our 33years marriage.... My life was upset i never knew where to start from when my husband broke up with me.....My name is Tanisha Devis from Poland but got married and live in Chicago USA, igberasespelltemple@yahoo.com is the right email address to contact for an urgent help in getting your lover back.... My husband and I have been together for 33years before he divorced me and i was so upset because i thought i have lost my marriage forever... i did all i could to please for my husband to bring me back home but all to be in vain.. i had to travelled away from my state because i was not having anywhere to stay because my home was not conducive for me to stay because my husband want me out of th house, i travel to a friend of mine in California, one night, when i was searching on a good spell caster results that help in bringing back lost lover's and husband's, i found an interesting story that was shared by Santana Valdez From Texas Huston, about a good spell caster called Dr Igberase,and how he helped her in getting her husban back home, and i decided to put a try in contacting him... he replied me back.. i thought at first these was just normal and he told me that i was going to get back my husband after a period of 28hours i still doubted him.... But today as i am sharing these good news is for me to express my experience to all the whole universe that these is a good spell caster that helps in bringing back lost lovers and he is (igberasespelltemple@yahoo.com) I am happily with my husband and my 3 kids, TARRY, WENDY, JEFF... great Atakpo i thank you for helping me to get my family back.... his email address is (igberasespelltemple@yahoo.com), Thanks, From Tanisha Devis, Igberase is my Granfather because he was always there for me when i needed him mostly and he is the reason why i am happy today.


weaver rudy said...

The spell caster who helped me to get my lover back,(igberasespelltemple@yahoo.com) I looked so surprised,cried out loudly,wiped day and night, have sleepless night severally, thinking that i have lost Avila Rudy my lover, my boyfriend,my soul mate,forever after 2years of Relationship, but it all come to me as a dream that i was still able to be with him and he is with me for good, for love, for care,and i am so happy, and i thank the powerful spell caster who helped me out in getting and achieving these great joy and happiness,Dr Igberase of igberasespelltemple@yahoo.com,indeed Dr you are powerful,although i doubted these at first stage but you still make it real to me and i am happy today and i say thanks be to you and i promised to always share your good and how powerful you are around the world and in the internet,Dr Igberase is a good and helping spell caster who help to get Ex lover or lost Husband, if you need a spell caster that can help you with your lost lovers Kindly email Dr Igberase on his email.(igberasespelltemple@yahoo.com) thanks so much Dr for your help and wonderful thing you have done for me,yours Daughter, Alicia Weaver From Alabama United State Of America

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...